An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gulp.....



I've gotta tell you all, I've just gotta tell you. I've been keeping it a secret for too long...... I wrote a book. Not a few goofy thoughts with a few off-chance cute pictures, but a real book. It feels weird to hold it in my hands and to realize that I wrote a book. Not that I don't ramble on and on or anything, or that I have only wanted to write a book since I was nine years old, but I actually wrote a book.


In all honesty, I was only being obedient, and I only wrote what God gave me to write. It is my sanity that is in those hundred-and-twenty some pages. Maybe that's the part that is surprising and amazing to me. Maybe that's why my head feels so empty and I am in a daze (wait I feel that way a lot of the time). But I wrote a book. A real book.


After Trent died God slowly impressed upon me to write a book about what He was doing in our lives. At first I thought it was just me. But God wouldn't let up and He continued making it clearer and clearer through several people (thanks faithful ones:) to the point that I could not deny it. So I quit fighting it and I wrote.


I look at the manuscript and I am amazed. I look at all the details coming together to have it edited and published and I am even more amazed, and a bit scared to tell the truth. God is really doing this. I fight my pride and pray for God to shine through it, not me.


Rob read it~ he laughed, he cried, he rejoiced in His Savior. Here we go........ Hold on.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

wow that is great, I always thought you would write a great book! Congrats!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Do you mind if I tattoo that comment on my other ankle Teresa??! :))) Thanks for believing in me my bloggy friend!

Anne said...

WAY TO GO!!!! Just make sure you bring it along to show me!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on finishing it. I know the Lord has lead you through the journey of your writing. I pray it sells millions of copies and touches lives all over the world!