An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Morning Glory

Bad dreams. Skates, not skis, highways, cars, trucks, trees, accidents, where is the body? Attempts at prayers of thanksgiving and the beginning of despair. Closing my eyes shut tight again until I can face the day and let the rejoicing be from my lips and not just the cry of my heart. One peak at the day. Colors beyond description. The sun just beginning to rise above the horizon. Glowing in an otherwise overcast sky. God's glory rises like the morning sun. The heavens declare His majesty. As I lay in bed refusing to open my eyes my God has been continuing on with His work that is glorious. And I almost missed it because of my own fear of simply opening my eyes to see it. I stand in awe once again, hands raised, and praise the God above who gives and takes away. He knows what He is doing, and He is rejoicing over it.

No comments: