An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Normal

"Normal" scares me lately more than anything else. Take today for instance~ Rob went to work, the kids and I enjoyed coffee, breakfast and our quiet Bible time, we did nearly a full day of home school, Cole helped me do outside chores while the other kids cleaned up the house, we enjoyed lunch, went to piano lessons, I talked to friends on the phone, worked outside on farm stuff with Rob after work while the kids played, had supper then family devotions and got the kids tucked into bed. Just normal stuff. Normal stuff without Trent. The new normal. And somehow it was okay. My thoughts were never very far away from the knowledge of Trent being in heaven, but God gave me such a peace today to somehow live and function doing normal life things. What else do you do? Cry all day like yesterday? Some "normal" might not be so bad.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Praise God! It sounds like your emotions are healing. Life will never be like it used to be ... but it is like it is now. I'm glad your new Normal is not as painful. I'm praying that you continue to heal.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Thank you for that perspective Brenda:))

The Johansen Family said...

Terri ~
I don't think you'll have to live with the new normal for long. I watch the world and study prophecy all of the time and think He's coming back VERY soon. A great website to watch daily is www.johnmcternansinsights.blogspot.com. He follows what's going on in the news and how it relates to prophecy. I pray you get to see your son again very soon. Maranatha, friend. Love you, Laura

Sonja said...

Brenda's comment makes me think "normal is as normal does.". :). A strange request, but can you give Cole a hug for me? Looking at your pictures, the Lord just really put him on my heart. Special prayers going up for him tonight.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Oh Sonja~ you make me cry:)) Praise God for moving in His children to care of our family. It has been amazing to watch and see how God has covered us in prayer for specific things from specific people being faithful to pray when He asks them to. I'll give him a hug:)) Please continue to keep him in your prayers~ the big brother role has put an extra weight on his shoulders.

Sure hope you're right Laura~ keep looking up!

Sonja said...

Smiling and tearing up as I think of how awesome our God is, how He just knows and moves through His people.