An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Monday, April 25, 2011

I Just Felt Like Moving Cement Today


I just felt like moving cement today. These days I pretty much do what feels good and being the sun was shining and I felt like it I convinced Alexis to help me tackle the sidewalk project down by the chicken coop. You see, we have this huge pile of cement and rocks sitting in our yard from the barn tear down project last summer. All the old, broken feed bunkers were tore out to make way for a working goat milking barn and were left in my yard. Last year I turned lemons into lemonade and made a little deck in the flower garden with some of the broken up pieces.
There were yet more pieces left so in my never stopping brain I envisioned a stone walk way leading from the chicken coop the boys helped me build all the way to the covered porch on that chicken coop.

I am dreaming of hollyhocks, and rocks, and flowers and no weeds.

We got as far as laying out the cement in a roughly curved sidewalk pattern.


The rest will just have to wait until I get in the mood to level big, heavy cement pieces.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

It looks like you're making really good use of the old concrete pieces. I really love the deck you made out in the flower garden. It looks like a peaceful place to relax.

You continue to be on my mind and in my prayers. I hope all is well in your household. :D

the canned quilter said...

Ouch my back hurts just watching : )Hugs from Mama Hooch

Cathy said...

I wish I could help you with that leveling! It looks great....and it seems that Trouble agrees with me =)

TheLazyJ said...

Looking good! See how much you can accomplish with a few days to yourself? The kids and I decided that they'll stay here until you come and get them or until we get tired of each other. With no van for you, we're guessing around six months??! Oh, and we're ignoring your phone calls and/or e-mails as well so that we can't arrange a time for them to go home. My only regret is that I left my camera at your house, and not sure that I can go six months without that. :)
#1

OurCrazyFarm said...

Camera?? What camera??;)))) Thanks for the little vacation dear sweet sister! I bet the kids are all enjoying their vacation as well!!

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Dear Terri
Last night I realized that you had not commented on my blog in some time. You always had such fun things to say so I cam looking for you. And I found Trents story. 24 hours later and I am recovered enough to write you. Imagine that. I have never met you or your son but the story you told of the night of his passing so moved this selfish cow SHE could not write to you. What am mazing woman you are. What a testament. I cannot imagine your pain but I have been able to imagine your faith in your blogging. Thank you for sharing so much of your love for your son, your family and your God. Today I was maybe just slightly a better woman, wife. mom and servant because of you.

Dalyn said...

You, my friend, are a rock star! I need some of what you have! Or... You could come here :)