An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Books I'm Trying to Get Through

I love God's sovereignty. The way His hand works to prepare us for His plans never ceases to amaze me. As much as I love reading I tend to stay away from most Christian authors, especially ones of this day and age. Personally I have not found alot of God honoring, scripture honoring books out there on the shelves. Not that I have specifically looked, but based on the lives that are reading and recommending the current books mostly makes me want to stay far away from them and stick with my Bible instead. The hair splitting differences in a health and wealth, man centered theology versus a scripturally based theology that proclaims God's sovereignty and His glory being above all can have major consequences in lives. So when I do happen to come across a good book I relish in it all the more. Savoring the words and the work that God has done in other lives to encourage me on my walk with Him.


Just a week before Trent's accident a friend had borrowed me a book she had just finished reading called "Standing Firm Through the Great Apostacy" by Steve Gallagher. It is written to and about the End Times Church, laying out Biblical principles that will distinguish the wheat and the tares in our current churches, but more so in our own personal lives. What a wake up call! My borrowed copy is so dog eared and full of book marks and the cover is curling from all the use in just a couple of months of having it. Powerful, powerful conviction that separates the bone and marrow of false believers and true. It has had me

No comments: