An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Wild Child

Grace has always been a bit on the wild side. She likes extremes. All summer long she has been begging me to let her go faster on Sassy. All summer long I have been telling her that she needs to learn to control her horse before she can go faster. Well, she discovered, quite by accident I am sure, that Sassy doesn't mind going fast when she wants to get back to the barn and her buddies. And if she is only going to the barn Grace doesn't have to do much steering or stopping.
So nearly every day, several times a day, Grace bridles up Sassy and leads her to a big rock in the middle of the pasture.
Then she hops on quick.
And they race back to the barn. First it was at a trot, then faster to a canter and a gallop, and now it has even involved jumping over logs and water. You go Cowgirl!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awww I love this! She is adorable. I wish she had a helmet on though :(

OurCrazyFarm said...

You're so right Amy! We have gotten away from riding with helmets and should start again:))

Teresa said...

oh I would totally fall off of sassy if she did that to me:) and I would be screaming the whole way, LOL!

Heather Mattern said...

I have a child just like that, she frightens me yet makes me smile at the same time :)