An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Award?? Me??


An Award?? Me?? What a surprise it was to hear from Hickory Holler Farm that I had been gifted a blog award. Me?? And then when I clicked over there to receive the award and read all those sweet comments she left about me and the other gals it nearly made me cry. And most of you know it takes alot to make me cry. And then to read Becky's comments~ boo hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo! I had to wipe away more tears. You ladies are the greatest! I cannot express enough the joy that I find in writing about our humble little life up here in WI and the things that God has chosen to do in us, but then the fact that you all are such a huge part of it by actually reading my ramblings and commenting on them overwhelms me. I love, love, love being a part of your life via the world wide web as well. I want you all to know that you are like dear friends to me up here on our little farm. Now I get to pass along the blessings and acknowledge a few special ladies.
*
Mrs. Canned Quilter you would certainly be at the top of my list to send an award to if you hadn't already received one. Your photography is amazing, your recipes are ones to save away as favorites, your posts are sprinkled with my kind of humor, and your comments are always greeted like as if from a dear friend.
*
Then there's Becky (but she already has an award, too). Some people God just puts in your life at the very precise time He knows you're going to need them and Becky is one of those people. We are so much alike that it's nearly scary. I sure hope you know how much you mean to me sweet lady! You are a household name around here, usually followed by a laugh!
*
Teresa is another deserving lady of a blog award. I always enjoy your encouraging comments Teresa and I just know that if you lived closer we would be great friends~ homeschooling, kids, husbands named Rob, goats and other critters~ we also have lots in common.
*
Cathy is a great friend who does live close enough to visit and is certainly deserving of an award. I appreciate your Godly character, Cathy, and the example you are to me of a Godly woman, wife and mother. Your family has meant alot to us in the past year and I am so glad that God crossed our paths.
*
RedGateFarm is another dear bloggy friend that I have been honored to get to know through blogging. Her commitment to raising Godly children always encourages me. I treasure visiting with you via blogs and email and always enjoy your farming ideas and your excitement to get your own farmstead up and running.
*
And last but certainly not least is Holly over at Easy Living the Hard Way. For quite some time now I have enjoyed Holly's informative posts on farm critters (especially the goats), bees, gardens and cooking. Her dedication to her grandchildren has been such an inspiration as well in the past few months. And her photos are always superb!
*
Two years ago when I sat down at this old computer and entered the world of blogging I had no idea of the wonderful people I would meet. Thanks for being such a big part of my life ladies!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Thank you for the award!! and I feel the same way, too bad we don't live closer eh? My Rob mentioned this week maybe we should plan a trip to WI for next summer...he must have been drugged, didn't we just get home from a month long vacation from Texas?? HaHaHa We shall see, especially since the state wants every state agency to cut their budget by 7% by October!!EEk not sure what is to come!