An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh Glorious Day



I woke up wondering what this new day would hold. Like all days, I started in prayer. Eventually to my knees, eventually in tears, eventually in consuming praise to a sovereign God. Then I had to finagle the intricate workings of the water reservoir on the commode again because the twist tie holding the plastic pieces together broke, again, and the main fix-it man has been too busy making cheese to play plumber. Before the coffee was even done brewing Cole came racing into the house announcing that he caught a skunk in the live trap rather than his lost bunny. Then the other kids got excited and brought the dog out to see it, which, yes, ultimately led to two boys and a dog smelling like skunk. And I still hadn't had my first cup of coffee. And then, on top of it all, the phone was ringing just after 8:00 A.M. The phone and I are not friends, and I avoid it at all costs, especially before coffee. But it was Mr. Ryan, from West Bow Press, calling with the sweet news that the minor-needed revisions are done on the book! Yippee!! Next week, or the next week, I really should have a book . . . a real book, my book, God's book! I'm gonna go drain the coffee pot now . . .

8 comments:

Dalyn said...

I NEED to read that book!!

jean said...

I couldn't help smiling. Two boys and a dog that smell like skunk sounds like a lot of fun :) I hope you enjoyed your coffee.

OurCrazyFarm said...

You're on my list, Dalyn:))

I'm still enjoying it, PilgrimsCottage:))

Brenda said...

Oh no! What a morning! I'm excited about your book. :D

Amari said...

Oh my goodness! Just to hold the book you worked on in your own hands, remembering the time and memories that went into it...To flip the pages, and smile as you open the page to a special day!!!! That has got to be so cool! I want to read it, too!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Woo Hoo!! Book trumps skunk! So excited for you~!

Tonia said...

Eeeeewwww Skunk.. We had 7 under our house one year.. a Female and 6 males trying to "visit" her. As we dispatched one another showed up.. I went through LOTS of Apple cider Vinegar trying to get rid of the stench.. Only to have my mom lean over in church and tell me she could still smell it...nice.... Cant wait to see your book!!

Dicky Bird said...

"Peppy" my daughter Anna's "Make a Wish" horse - was sprayed by a skunk this past week too...they must be getting sleepy and slow...snow here....blessings from Wisconsin. Can't wait for your book!