An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Busy is an Understatement

First, a compliment to all you hard working momma's out there~ wow! How do you maintain a home plus work full time?? In the past 9 days I have gotten called in to work for 6 days and have several more days scheduled for the upcoming week. I have a very flexible work schedule doing various clerical positions at our small town hospital, primarily in ER registration. The luxury of saying yes or no every time they call to see if I can work is one of the best benefits, but being I tend to be somewhat of a work-a-holic and we live only on cash and I really, really want to go on a little camping trip and one day upgrade my camera and buy home school supplies and all these little kiddos around here like to eat and keep on wearing holes in their pants and need new shoes so often, not to mention that Rob's hours have been cut, means that I have been saying yes more often than not lately. I heard the other day that the economy is getting closer and closer to that of the great depression. Now I can't say that I would consider it to be to that point, but then again I didn't live through the great depression and we are still technically a 2 income family. So I keep saying yes and off to work I go. I get to get all dressed up in nice clothes rather than my farm coveralls and talk to big people all day. But I sure do miss my family and all my little projects around here. Working at home is where I'd rather be, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
In other news the second fair is coming up next weekend. All the normal last minute projects are under way~ all those new projects we were not going to sign up for at the last minute again. It's always a fun time tho once everything is checked in and we get to enjoy the rides and the shows and the ribbons. Off to draw a picture or finish a quilt or bake some cookies with my kiddos before I have to go back to work again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honey you are making this decision of mine to go back to work really really hard on me!!!! I too want to stay at home, without children here but still it's where I am supposed to be too!!

Your pictures are great! I can't wait to see all those blue ribbons!!