An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thrifting

There are certain things that make my little heart skip a beat~ one of them being antiques and another being thrift stores. When the two are combined I am grinning from ear to ear. One of my little indulgences to myself is to stop at the thrift stores when we head up to the big city to do our major grocery shopping Aldis/Walmart/Farm and Fleet/Menards/Pappa Murphy run. It's a reward to myself for surviving parting with that much money all in one day plus taking 5 kids to umpteen stores and spending hours smooshed into a little van with all of our loot. I was absolutely giddy when I saw this cute little hot plate, and for just under $7.00! I already have the perfect pantry planned all around this cute little treasure. It just needs to be built, and then I can find the perfect old cabinet to set it on, next to the antique sink, and the old cook stove that's in the garage, and those open faced cupboards with all the antique dishware that will look oh-so-cute sitting in them. Of course we'll probably never be able to use the hot plate~ with that old cord I'd probably burn the whole house down and then we'd have to start all over again. But it sure is cute!

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What a cool piece! It's the exact same green of my vintage stapler. I think I would remove the cord though, so no one gets tempted to try it out!

Cathy said...

So cute! You have such great decorating ideas =)

Remind me to ask you tomorrow if you want a fan that we have here.