An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter in Wisconsin

It has certainly been a good old fashioned Wisconsin winter this year. Over the weekend we had a real blizzard blow in that kept us (and 12 birthday party kids) snowed in. There where reports of 15+ inches of snow and threats of -30 windchills. Brrr.....

I got stuck in the driveway and had to be rescued by my night in shining armor (shining snow boots?). At least I only had 6 children in the vehicle then.

And the chores still needed to be done. Aaahhh, farm life! I toughed it out on Saturday but Rob was so sweet as to do them for me the last couple of days. I'm sort of an inside kind of gal when it comes to below zero weather.
At least the house has been nice and warm with all that wood the boys cut and with all the masterminding Rob has been doing with the heat ducts and cold air returns. And it's also a good excuse to get out the sewing machine and work on some quilts, or find a good book and brew an extra cup of tea. Winter's not so bad after all. Of course it is only December.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Burrr! Snow is pretty, but it sure makes it harder to get the animals taken care of. A warm mug of tea and a good book sound like the way to spend the day!

Cathy said...

YAY! I'm loving having Terri pictures again =D

How are you all faring with the -22 this morning? I have to say, it makes me even more glad that we cut down on the animals for the winter!

the canned quilter said...

We got our first snow last week also. So the quilt is on the frame and stocked up on tea too! Stay out of the snow drifts : )

Teresa said...

Your house looks so pretty with all that snow. Glad you were safe in you lil house. On Saturday we got around 6 inches here, which is a lot this early in the season. Have fun sewing.