An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Laundry

Laundry. It's a never ending cycle. It always amazes me how much laundry 7 people can go through with nary the pair of boys underwear cycling through. And now that it's sock season again we are on the neverending hunt for matchers. I personally haven't owned a pair of winter socks for years but rather opt to share the good old Hane's with Rob (and now Trent that he's big enough), and doubled up at that. The kids run around this old farmhouse without socks most of the time, and they're still wearing shorts besides. And now that the pond is frozen and ice skating is a daily event the laundry room/entry is full of several pairs of socks and mittens drying over the heat vent. I talked to a veteran homeschooling mother of several children the other day and she told me that her children only had 4 outfits apiece when they were little~ if I keep finding folded clean laundry in the hamper I may have to threaten my little dumplings with the same theory. I'll just keep singin' to myself as I humbly serve my family...... "And I ain't seen the bottom of my hamper since...... I don't know when. I'm stuck in the laundry room and..... folding socks again". Johnny Cash always drives 'em crazy.

1 comment:

Red Gate said...

We use the same clothes idea, but I do about 7 outfits per child (10 for the little, accident prone guys. That way I only have to wash the clothing once per week, and I can see the bottom of my hamper each week! It works great!