An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Two Plus Two Equals God

If what Scripture says is true: "Those who call on the name of the Lord {Jesus} will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

And: "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5:8)


Then: My son is with God.


God.


God.


My son is with God.


And, if my son is with God, then I need to decide what to do with this God that my son is with. I need to figure out how to live the rest of the short days that I have on this earth until I meet this God. I get to quit crying, quit hurting, quit whining . . . because my son is with God.


God.


Trent knows what God looks like. He knows what Jesus' face looks like; what the nail holes and the scar on His side looks like; what His robe looks like; what heaven looks like; what Jesus' glory looks like; what the angel's look like; what the throne looks like.


What I can't imagine, Trent knows. He is with God . . .


With God.


Yet somehow my days still need to consist of feeding goats and choosing what's for supper, and ultimately trying to figure out how to glorify God in all of it.


I stand in awe: Trent is with God.

7 comments:

mountain mama said...

:)

TheLazyJ said...

Ahhh.... Yes.... Healing words that spoke right to my weeping soul. Thank you for the salve.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Amen and AMEN. (One day at a time, dear friend...with many rests on the barn washtub.) xoxo

Brenda said...

There is a great sense of peace in your statements. Trent is with God. I can join you and say ... my brother is with God. There's no better place to be. :D

Shoshannah said...

Looking forward to meeting you all in Heaven and rejoicing together with our Savior.

Ardith said...

AMEN!

Love and God's blessings to you from Green Country!

The Johansen Family said...

That was perfectly worded Terri. Wow. He is WITH GOD!!! I find myself wanting to be with God and out of this sin-filled world and think how blessed Trent is to be WITH GOD!!! Thank you for this post!