An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Real Life

The Holidays are over {yippee!} and we are back to real life: homeschoolin', farmin', regular schedules, even a little structure. I actually heard Cole say last night, "I'm glad we're going to do school tomorrow, I'm excited to read my book." We have ate our fill of sugar, enjoyed all the parties we can endure for a while, and look forward to settling in to a long, cold Wisconsin winter full of cozy things like algebraic equations and phonetic rules while snuggling on the couch. A double ration of coffee and hot chocolate is on the menu as the temperature outside dips to single digits, and maybe I'll even have to dig out the recipe for Cathy's doughnuts~ yummy! Aaahhh! The peace of my little one room schoolhouse makes me smile:))



***********

Don't forget to leave a comment for the Cheese give away~ I'll pick a winner sometime tomorrow. You have all blessed me with your well wishes and sweet comments! Love you dear friends! YOU make my day a joy!

8 comments:

Amber said...

We were actually excited to get back to our normal homeschooling routine today too. And I definitely need to hit another cup of coffee. Had one cup this morning, and it obviously wasn't enough because I fell asleep reading to the kids! Love your blog! Just found you through Prairie Flower Farm.

Tonia said...

I think I need to make some coffee! I will also Never ever again allow breeding for December babies!lol That has been hectic! They are all doing great though. I was hoping to get back into school today till I went upstairs and realized 3 human sized tornadoes have failed to clean up after themselves lately.......;D

OurCrazyFarm said...

Welcome Amber! So nice to "meet" you! I look forward to visiting your blog:))

Tonia~ I noticed those same tornadoes as I tucked some kiddos in late last night! That's on our afternoon agenda . . . that is if we ever get over this lazy vacation mode:)) Your new babies were so cute! I am coveting those ears!!!

Cathy said...

How about doughnuts WITH Cathy ;-)
As soon as the school routine is crying for a break again let's plan that get together!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Yes, doughnuts with Cathy ... but I think I might have to try out the recipe at home first to see if they still taste as good:)))

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

It's nice to be back to a regular schedule :) :) The coffee sounds like a good idea ;) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

the canned quilter said...

Here in the Holler we have Geometry going on and ACT prep we too are glad to be back to school things.

Shoshannah said...

We are so happy to get back into school. It is the joyful normal in the face of terrible family problems. Thank you for reminding me, Terri. Thank you for the words you write to encourage me through the dark valleys and the high mountaintops.