An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Friday, January 20, 2012

More Spots Today!

More spots today! Lucille delivered twins this morning~ two more little bucks, but oh-so-beautiful!

Niece Hannah is spending the week with us to help with deliveries, and God answered our prayers that she would get to witness one. Due to below zero temps last night I decided to bring Lucille down to the basement as she was showing signs of delivering in the next "2 hours-to-2-weeks" (with just a few smirks of disbelief I might add).

But this morning as I got up to put wood in the stove I was so glad that I had brought her in! I barely had time to get up the stairs, wake 4 excited kids up, and get back down to the basement to catch a baby. And, right behind the first baby was a second baby, in the same sack. Hannah was going to catch a baby, but it all happened so fast that there was no time. She did get to help dry them off and watch them stand and nurse, though.

Another doe is due today, and then one more *hopefully* next week or so. Off to do another goat check . . .

12 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I especially love the first pic of the fawn colored one! Do they keep their "birth color" or does it change as they get older? Hubby is lucky you and I live in different states, I would be "right over to pick my out!";) Have fun with all those babies, we have 2 does (bunny) due the next couple of days too. Cleaning out a spot in the basement today, it is way too cold out for them.

Dalyn said...

Your herd is blessed! I'm so sad we are far apart, I would be rightfully choosing a prize from our herd for mine.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Rob said we could ask about UPS'ing them:))) A trade could gladly be worked out if there weren't states between us Dalyn! Yes, very blessed! God is good!

And Renee . . . there is talk of a trip out east (Lord willing, money and time willing in the spring:) . . . we've been known to travel with baby goats before:)) I am hoping he keeps that fawn coloring, too.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, I love babies...even furry ones :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

jean said...

How so sweet! So nice Hannah got to experience it all. Congrats on the new kids :)

Dicky Bird said...

Love the post especially "in next 2 hours - 2 weeks" only someone who has done it knows...enjoy them! Blessings from Ringle.

cmarie said...

They are the most beautiful little creatures Terri! There are plenty of goats here in Hawaii but they are very very plain looking. You guys finally got stuck with some cold weather I see. I'm glad the goats have a warm place to give birth but I just don't have any idea how you coax a great big mama goat down the steps into the basement.

Brenda said...

They're beautiful. Kidding season is so much fun! I'm glad you're getting so many pretty spots. :D

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Oh Terri, loving all the goat pics. We sold our last two a couple of weeks ago after raising, owning, showing and breeding them the last 19 years. The end of an era as we downsize this way too big farm of ours. But thanks so much for the pics and by the way that is one cozy looking basement you have there! Lucky kids!

Tonia said...

Those look like some I have running around.. Hmmm I wonder why??Lol I just brought home 7 from Brenda's... I will have to post about it later. Got to get some better pics. My camera needs to be replaced but its all I got for now..

Cathy said...

Oh, they're so beautiful Miss Terri!
The Lord is SO good! =)

I sure wish we could have goats. If you were selling, I would have loved to have one of yours! =)

I'm going to ask Mama if we can come out soon...=)

Miss you all,
Paige

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Kids, kids and more kids! Keep the photos coming. They are beautiful!! Love the spots. There's nothing more fun than delivering baby goats. {My turn is coming...} Have fun and enjoy!