An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Winter Walk

I wonder when it is that you start living again after your eyes have been opened to eternity. I wonder what you start living for after your eyes have been opened to eternity. When you have seen the brevity of life, the short number of our days, and have tasted of the glory of God, I wonder how to get back to what I've considered as living for most of my life. I can't get my focus to be back here: back to buildings and dreams and plans that won't last. But I don't know how to live eternally minded and still function doing the day by day things that need doing. So I take Traci's advice, which she tells me was originally my advice, and just be where I am; be where God has me. I take the walks, I love my daughter, I see what God has put before me. I look for the little details of His hand and trust His leading. It's all so simple that way.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful. I don't think God ever intended life to be complicated. That's really good advice for everyone ... Just be where you are.

It brings to mind the scripture that says, "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Part of that is to "Be" in this day the Lord has made.

Blessings!

Dicky Bird said...

Another great post. Whomever's advice it was...good advice! Also, your photos are beautiful! Blessings from Ringle.

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Listen to Traci...and take a big whiff of puppy breath. It can't hurt. (Love you girl...) Beautiful post. Beautiful photos. Beautiful sentiment, trust His leading.

Sonja said...

Beautiful pictures and great advice!

TheLazyJ said...

Looking at the pictures in your post, I couldn't help but think of John 12:24 which says: "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."

You are planting many seeds. Once again, heart felt, wise words to those of us seeking and grieving with you.


And whoever that Traci is; she ROCKS! What a wise woman she must be too!!!

TheLazyJ said...

I thought of your post when reading this also:

"Where am I?"

"You're where you are," answered a booming voice.

"Where's that?" he asked.

"Where you need to be," replied the voice.

"I didn't ask to be here," the man said, "wherever it is."

"No matter how you ended up here," said the voice, "here you are."

~ Part of a Haitian folk-tale.

OurCrazyFarm said...

Yah~ that Traci rocks~ whoever she is:))))