An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This is the Day


This is the day that the Lord has made, and we are rejoicing in it. This is the day to celebrate Trent's short life here in this world and worship the God who has ordained the steps to bring him home and use his life for so much. The anticipation in our house is so high right now as we look forward to being used, yet again, to be a witness and a testimony to the work and hope of God at the funeral/celebration service this afternoon. Please continue your prayers that God would work in a mighty way today, in both believers and non-believers.

Already we are seeing the fruit of salvation that God promised would come from our afflictions; the gospel has gone forth just as He promised it would, and we have seen the beginning of the elect that God will call through this. Christians and non-Christians alike are baffled by what God is doing in our lives. We are smiling fools to many! God has granted us the peace and the joy in His plan. He has pried our fingers off of this world even more, and given us the heart for all the lost souls around us. He has made us bold. He has made us strong. He has made us to be full of rejoicing in His perfect plan. Our son is in heaven, how could we not rejoice if we believe what the Bible says?
Know that we are so grateful for the prayers that have been offered up on our behalf, as we credit none of this to ourselves. God has placed each one of you in our lives to be the support that hold us up, just as Aaron held up Moses' arms that the battle would be won. This is a battle for souls, souls that will live forever in eternity. God has called so many to have to decide to choose this day whom they will serve. He may not let you have another opportunity to decide. We have prayed for the walls to be built high and thick around us right now as we boldly proclaim what God is doing that His will may be done. I can just imagine Trent in heaven right now as he watches God's work and rejoices with us.
Just a few of God's promises to us, His children. From Psalms 40
*
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him. 4 Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. 5 Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll.8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”
9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. 12 For troubles without number surround me;
13 Be pleased to save me, LORD; come quickly, LORD, to help me.
16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!”
*
And from Isaiah 8 & 9
*
11 This is what the LORD says to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people: 12 “Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. 13 The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread. 14 He will be a holy place;
*
16 Bind up this testimony of warning and seal up God’s instruction among my disciples. 17 I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. 18 Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion.
*
20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. 21 Distressed and hungry, they will roam through the land; when they are famished, they will become enraged and, looking upward, will curse their king and their God. 22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness.
*
2 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. 3 You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest,
*
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Praying still...and touched by your beautiful faith.

Brenda said...

I pray boldness, blessings and strength for you and your family in this day. I pray that the Lord draw forth many souls today.

Red Gate said...

Terri, just wanted you to know....I am thinking of and praying for you all today.

Heather Mattern said...

This is beautiful!

Carlton Family Farms said...

Terri, I just found out about your son. Oh how sorry I am for your loss. I will call out your family to the Lord for His hand to be upon you for guidance and strength. I as a mother can not imagine what you are going through. YOur faith is a beatiful thing to behold. Keep holding on to it. God's grace will see us all through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dalyn said...

Amazing faith. It's sweet and it's a miraculous thing and God is given glory through this in such a mighty way- opposite of the world. We should all be so faithful. Bless you sister. Prayers for you and all who hear today.