An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting

If you happen to drive by my house and see me camped out at the mailbox, nervously pacing back and forth, scanning our lone road for any glimpse of the mail-lady, it's because I am impatiently waiting for . . . the first copy of my book to be delivered!! (Read all about it here.)

Yes, the initial writing and pouring out of my heart is done and the editing and revisions, and more revisions, and umpteen proofreads are completed (if you find a mistake, please do me a favor and don't tell me until at least next Christmas). Mr. Ryan from WestBow Press is probably doing the happy dance right about now, too, since he finally doesn't have to lament with me anymore about what shade of brown or red, or red or brown, should I choose for the title on the front cover let alone picking out page dividers and fixing backwards quotation marks.

The book is officially with the printers and I am expecting the very first copy any day now! Praising God that it's finished; praying for Him to be glorified in it. I may just do the happy dance myself when it does arrive!



***
I just heard that the first copy should be in my hands next week, and then I can place my official order and will have signed books available for you, my bloggy friends and lurkers! Please be in prayer with me that God will be glorified in a mighty way through them, and that He will prepare the hearts of those who need to hear this message of Him. And, as always, thank you for walking this walk with me. Terri~ OurCrazyFarm

9 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Please tell us how we can get an autographed copy....thanks. Jacky

OurCrazyFarm said...

You're on my list (and actually in the acknowledgement's with the rest of you regular, faithful followers and commenters) Dicky Bird! I'll let you know as soon as they are signed and ready to mail!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Ahhh...and now the magic begins. Prepared hearts. Our Lord glorified in a mighty way. Those tasks aside, this is going to be an emotional journey. But no doubt, the most important journey you will ever make in your life. In a very real, tangible way, Trent will become a fisher of men. His story/your story is going to touch and alter lives and souls. People will clutch this book and know they have been moved by the Holy Spirit. I will be using it as a tool, to wake folks up. Thank you Terri, for staying the course and following God's plan for you...to bring this story to the world. I truly can't wait to see the impact it will have on folks who need to know the sweet love of Jesus.

Dicky Bird said...

I LOVE what you said Sherry!

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Jacky (Dicky Bird) ~ but it's not me. Every time I come to Our Crazy Farm, I'm gripped with grace. It just flows from here...and spills over into my words.

OurCrazyFarm said...

I always love what you have to say, too, Sherry:))

Cathy said...

Oh Terri! There are tears flowing this morning! I have long prayed over the process of this book, and can't wait to hold a copy in my hands to pray some more!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Cathy~ you bring tears to my eyes:)) Thanks for being a faithful prayer warrior as we continue on this journey towards God's Glory. You have been in my thoughts this past week, and the kids are saying that they miss your family, too!

Brenda said...

Exciting exciting news! I'll bet you do a happy dance when you hold the book in your hands. :D