An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

So . . . Have I Mentioned?





So . . . Have I mentioned that I wrote a book? Shortly after Trent's death different people started saying, out of the blue, that I should write a book. Finally, it dawned on me that maybe I should write a book. Maybe God was calling me to write a book. I prayed and layed out my fleece before the Lord and asked Him for Rob's overwhelming approval if I should go forth with our story of Trent's death. Before I even finished the sentence, he was nodding his head. So . . . I sat down and started writing, and writing, and writing. The words just flowed, and when there were enough they stopped.









"Now what, God?" I asked.

So he sent an editor at the time that I needed an editor. After the editor, it was time to see just what to do with the book and how to publish it. I looked at various options, and in the midst of my looking, God sent a coupon for a huge (huge!) discount off of a publisher that I only dreamt of publishing with. So I signed up with WestBow Press.


WestBow has quickly done their work, and now it has become the time to work on the cover. Hmmm... professional photographers were quickly ruled out because of the staggering prices for a photo session. So instead, I found a teen-age daughter, put the camera in her hands on an early, sunny morning and found myself on the other end of the camera hoping and praying for the perfect shot that will reveal the hope, trust, and depth of our story.

And throughout it all, God has continued the encouragement. Often times people keep saying, out of the blue, you should write a book.


It's an odd thing to have wrote a book. Like I told Anne before, it's kind of like standing on main street in your bikini~ after birthing 3 children and with my farmer's tan and all. The mixture of the fear of failure, too much pride, what's my real reason, and simply being obedient are all mixed up into one, besides the countless hours of typing, decisions, and revisions. But it's been pre-read, and read, and read again, and is nearly ready to publish.


So . . . now I will wait again on God and see what He's going to do next. My continuing prayer is that He will use it to bring salvation to many and much glory to His name. When I get to heaven and give an account for my life, I want it to be one that was walked in faith (Romans 14:12) . What a joy it is to use a simple gift of writing as I follow where my Savior leads me.

11 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

I like all the pictures, but the last one reminds me of: "and in all things give thanks..." I can't wait to order a signed copy... You go ahead and stand in the middle of the street with your farmer tan and all...when one is in God's will - nothing else matters. You might be surprised who is standing there next to you... farmer tans and all. Blessings from Ringle

Dalyn said...

I'm very proud of you. You are a strong sister. Sometimes you don't feel it and doubt covers you I know. Hold your head up friend and walk straight ahead. You have well-earned the right. You are clothed with strength and dignity.Something good came from something extremely painful, and oh how the enemy must hate that. Trent's death was more painful to you than his birth...imagine the emotions when you are together again! Sending you love and hugs.

OurCrazyFarm said...

HAHA! Glad to know I won't be standing there alone Dicky Bird! I will gladly send you a signed copy:))

Love your encouragement, Dalyn. What a thought~ that the enemy is mad. God has brought so much protection, besides blessings . . . can't wait to see what else He has in store.

Brenda said...

How exciting to have the book so close to publishing! Congratulations!

Dalyn's words of encouragement brings strong emotions to my heart. You are surrounded by a mighty army. Be Blessed!

Kathy Schwanke said...

It seems you might be close to us here in Amery, WI (or not far?? are you in MN?) Anyway, my daughter is experienced in graphics, and is into photography, just getting started. I keep telling her that her photos look like book covers or album covers. I think that she would like an opportunity to help you out if you are interested. You can look at her work here on her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KaylaNelson.ElementPhotographer?sk=wall&filter=2
Or here:
http://www.elementdandp.com/#/in-the-works

I have shared your story with several since reading here earlier this week. You shine brightly for Jesus. It would be cool if Kayla could help you with the book cover.
~Kathy

accidental nomad life said...

My mom sent me the link for your blog, and she mentioned that you needed photos for a book cover. I would love to do some photos for you if you would like me to. Here are several links for some of my work....http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=166047890103483
http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=100002623845155
http://elementdandp.com/
http://www.wix.com/elementdandp/photographs#!portfolio
http://ladyjaynedesignsandphotoraphy194.blogspot.com/
Please let me know if you are interested. I would just do a complimentary session for you. And this week looks just perfect for photographs so if you have some time available this week, I would love to do it for you!
Thanks so much!
Kayla Nelson
Element Designs & Photography

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

"The mixture of the fear of failure, too much pride, what's my real reason, and simply being obedient are all mixed up into one..." Focus on the last one, Terri..."simply being obedient." Push all the other thoughts out of your head, in the name of Jesus. Walk proud, for you have done a great service for all who will come in contact with Trent's life story. And it is about life, for we never die...we are alive in Him...from our last breath on earth, to our first in Heaven, without skipping a beat. Our focus must be on our eternal life. I heard on Christian radio the other day, a quote about what awaits..."Once we are in Heaven, our time here on earth will feel like one night in a cheap hotel."

Your book will touch lives, and enable others to experience the promise of eternal life with God. That is a huge undertaking - one that you are perfect for...how amazing that you listened to Him when called. I applaud you...and am inspired by you.

Blessings ~ Sherry

Sherry Sutherby http://russ-stickacres.blogspot.com/ said...

P.S. Love the photos. Each and every one. I would have done the very same thing...and was late on suggesting this very idea. Photos shot by those who know (and love) us, always turn out best. Kudos to Alexis~!

Trixi said...

I am so excited about your book. I know already that you are going to reach many people in the depths of grief for the glory of God. It's going to be great!!
I love your pictures!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Kathy and Kayla~ I am so very humbled by your offer. Just the day before I received your comments I sent in a photo that Alexis had taken. May God bless you for your generosity:)) Your work is beautiful Kayla!

Sherry~ my great encourager, I will take your words to heart and keep on repeating them:))

Thank you Mrs. Trixi~ some days I forget what the battle is about.

Donna OShaughnessy said...

SOLD. To me. One book. Just tell me when it is ready

SOLD. To Me. More faith that I was in great need of. Your struggle helped this weak mother more than I can ever put in mere words