An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Seed

But someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed. . . But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed He gives its own body. So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being", the last Adam, a life giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.
I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, than the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. If only in this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.


A little hope today from 1 Corinthians 15.







4 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

I read your last post. I am so sorry sweet friend. I have never experienced what you have, but I have thought of it many times. How would I cope. I have nothing wise to say........that only hurts the one that is going through the grief........but I am going to be praying more for you. I remember a time I went through that I thought I would never ever get on the other side of the pain. I did........He brought Joy back into my life. We had a family pray that for us all the time. I am praying for your joy for you sweet lady........your Trent...........you will have eternity with. FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Hannah who lost Ellianna is really hurting also. She calls it her roller coaster ride. The children are very angry also. They took eggs and threw them in the bathtub to get out their anger.......silly.......they had smiles she said after. Never thought of using eggs like that. Smile.

If you ever want to talk my number is 620 278 3479 after 3 in the afternoons. I am back at the college, baking.

Love you! Linda
Prairie Flower Farm

Dicky Bird said...

Good post!

Unknown said...

You have been on my mind since Sunday! Hubby taught a lesson on Gen. 23 in church and I imediately thought of you. I will try and email you his notes. I know it won't heal your pain, but maybe give you some answers to your struggles. You remain in my prayers, sending you a bloggy hug:)

Brenda said...

I continue to hold you in my heart and prayers. I pray for your Joy to return. "The Joy of the Lord is my strength." I pray the Lord make you strong with His Joy!