An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ride #30 Baby!

For the past few years the girls and I have been setting riding goals for ourselves. We have this little theory around our farm that the critters need to pay for themselves one way or another, and the horses get by pretty easy the way it is. Being that we enjoy having them around so much we have appeased Rob by at least riding them a significant amount so that he is happy to load hay for them. This year we set our goal at 30 rides~ and we're there, baby!
We haven't done many long trail rides this year, mostly short jaunts, but 30 short jaunts add up quick.
This afternoon the girls and I took the horses out back to check if the electric fence was all up so we could open the gates and let the cows out to graze on the back pasture.
Very few bugs, cooler weather, calm horses . . . what else could you ask for? I even fixed a couple of insulators from horse back~ I felt like such a cowgirl!Alexis had a little bridle-breaking mishap half-way so we let the horses loose and walked the rest of the fence on foot.
Then we opened the cow gate and called "Come Boss! Come Bossy!"
And they came.
There's hardly a prettier sight to a farmer than cows grazing in a pasture of belly deep grass.


4 comments:

Brenda said...

Way to go, Cowgirl! Riding the fence line sounds like a wonderful way for the horses to "pay their way". :D

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Great pics. Last year I rode lots. This year hardly at all. It has made me crabby, flabby(er) and unhappy. You have inspired me to set a riding goal for myself. TWENTY times before the first snow fall ! Wish me luck

Joanna said...

Awesome! What a great way to spend part of the day!

Cathy said...

YAY, I'm SO HAPPY that you all made your goal!! =)

Maybe I'll set a goal for next year......

Love you!
Paige