An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dear Anonymous






Dear Anonymous,


Thank you so much for the card you sent a couple of weeks ago! I wanted to somehow let you know that I received it, and that it has been sitting on my computer desk ever since as a reminder of God's continuous work. My curiosity was peaked as soon as I pulled the card out of the mailbox and saw a hand written envelope all the way from Texas. I sat in the van and read, and reread, (nearly in tears) the sweet words you wrote. I was humbled, and overjoyed, and encouraged in God's work all over again. You are an example of His faithfulness to His children. You are evidence of God's provision to carry us through this suffering. You have reminded me again that He has not left us alone in this, but has called up many, many dear souls to help carry us through. God has answered your prayers and has given us great joy in the midst of the pain. All those times that He has put us on your heart, and you have responded in prayer or even in something as simple as writing a note, He has moved. You give me hope in God's promises~ that He is doing things beyond what we can imagine to glorify His name. Thank you for being faithful! Terri

And, to all you other faithful ones that God has called upon to carry us at this time~ Thank you! I see first hand God working through you. Don't doubt the effect of your prayers or the words that God gives you to write. He promises that not one of them will be forgotten. You are in the front line of the battle zone with us. What a pleasure it is to be here with you for such a glorious cause! May God give us the courage to continue to fight the good fight for the glory of our King.



Hebrews 12: 1-3


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


Matthew 10:42


"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”







1 comment:

TheLazyJ said...

It's a privilege to a part of the team that is helping to carry you at this time. It is good to be used. I love you. :)