An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

5Ks and Such


It's interesting how the patterns of our lives change. A couple of years ago I would have never considered training for a 5K, figuring that there was no need for extra running given all the exercise I got from chasing my herd of goats around the farm. Now, with no critters to speak of, other than the dozen chickens who don't need much chasing, the thought of running is nearly a daily occurrence and I can now manage a three mile walk/pathetic jog. Funny thing is, the more I run the less tired I am. Going to bed later, and getting up and actually out of bed before 6:00 a.m., has felt good. My muscles ache and the relentless pain in my thigh screams that there must be an easier hobby, but I know in the end I will be better for this one.

Cole tells me that I need to learn how to breathe; gasping isn't acceptable. He told me to come up with a simple chant, so I've started bringing Scripture with on our treks. My latest verse has been Ephesians 1:11.

In Him we were also chosen {gasp}
having been predestined {gasp}
according to the plan of Him{gasp} 
who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will {big gasp}.

Our first scheduled running event is less than a week away where we plan to run in the River's Run and Ride Rally. Not by any means to win, but to be out there supporting other families who have been called to walk the hard walk of grief. We'll be sharing our books, so, if you're a prayer, please pray for God's glorious gospel message to reach many. If you're local, come and join us to walk in honor of Trent (there is a 1 mile option available to non racers). If you come looking for me, I'll be the one sprawled on the gravel in the middle of the race path repeating my verse.


8 comments:

Camille said...

You'll do just fine. You make me smile. What a blessing you are to many. Hugs! Camille

Brenda said...

Oh my! Prayers for you to succeed and for many to be touched.

Dicky Bird said...

You are inspiring me to get out and at least walk. I wanted to the 4-H fun run at the fair, that was my goal from last year, we will see. Good luck!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Thanks for the encouragement! If I can do this, you all can do this! Go for it, Dicky Bird! My theory is that somebody has to come in last, so it might as well be me:))

A Primitive Homestead said...

Go girl.

Pillar of Truth Christian Church said...

We'll be praying for you!!! Hope your impact is huge;)

Unknown said...

Girl - you can do it! I will be praying for your ministry during this run!

A Primitive Homestead said...

I wanted to let u know ur in my thoughts and prayers this Mothers Day. Hugs dear friend.