An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Friday, April 27, 2012

A FewToo Many Goats

I have come to the conclusion that we have a few too many goats. I guess that's what you get when you keep all the "favorites." To help ease the hay bill a bit we have been letting the goats out on pasture to eat some fresh green grass~ but being they won't stay in just any old fence, and our fence is still just "any old fence," I have come up with the fantabulous idea to spare cuts from the barbed wire and just let them free range in the yard since that's where they end up anyway. Being they are herd animals they tend to stay close together, and as long as I make frequent window checks, I can detour them from the new raspberry plants or the flower beds. But every once in a while they decide that the neighboring field looks tempting and I have to call in the back-ups on bikes to herd them a little closer to home. "Come on girls!"



5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love these photos! Your goats are beautiful. I'll bet they're enjoying all that green grass.

the canned quilter said...

They are now the goat patrol : ) Hello from Mama Hooch ..

Dicky Bird said...

I miss my goats, but I don't miss that :) They were masters at getting out and eating things we didn't want them to. Blessings

Anne said...

What a flashy herd! Looks like a couple of happy herders too.

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Ah yes the free range goats and no better way to round them up then free range children. Beauty as far as the eye can see !