An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trouble

Remember my mentioning that "one day" I would like to get a Great Pyrenees guard dog to put in with our goats? Well it appears that God and others heard because this week we have become the proud new owners of a teeny-tiny little bundle of puppy sweetness when our good friends were blessed with 20 puppies from their 2 momma dogs. One of the dogs was a first time mom and was having trouble taking care of all those babies. In a heroic attempt to save this little one's life we accepted the offer to try to raise her.
She was born on Monday afternoon, so she is all of 5 days old, which of course means that she needs to be bottle fed several times a day. And night. We have been feeding her from our stash of frozen goats milk and it appears to be settling nice in her tummy. Luckily I have Grace who loves little critters almost more than I do. She has taken over the day shift and I have acquired the night shift. Along with an extra few lessons in patience and joy and nurturing.
I am too much of a farm girl to give her a name just yet. After she survives a week or more I will get serious to decide on a name. For now she is getting plumper by the day and we are ever cautiously falling in love a little bit more each day. The kids want to name her Bitsy, or Bitsy Stripes (??) but knowing how big she will get it just doesn't seem to fit. The only name that keeps coming to mind seems to be...... Trouble:)) In the sweetest context of course!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh wow how adorable. I think Bitsy is cutely ironic.

Teresa said...

sooo cute!!! I wanna hold!!!!Please, Please, Please!!!can I, can I, can I???

Tonia said...

CUTE CUTE!! We hand raised alitter of Lab pups one time. We kept a female out of them and she was the best dog! The vet had us attach bottle nipples stuffed with something to act as pacifiers. Because they gulped their food so fast this helped them settle down some... Your kids will remember that always!

Brenda said...

She's so tiny. It's amazing how big she'll get. It sounds like she's doing good for you.

Cathy said...

No WAY! I've wanted one of those FOREVER! Even more so after moving here. Not only to protect the chickens from the numerous fox and coons that we've found stalking our flock in the woods by day and raiding our coop by night, but also for my mommy comfort as the kids are out playing. Seeing that Timberwolf out here and knowing that we have a huge population of both those and the coyotes makes me a bit of a nervous nellie! LOL!

Awwwww....congratulations! She's beautiful! Now when I'm up nursing my little one at night, I'll be thinking of you 'nursing' yours =)

the canned quilter said...

How cute! She won't be teeny weeny itsy bitsy for very long I bet...

Unknown said...

oh how adorable! I have quickly forgotten how tiny puppies are at that age!

goatmilker said...

How sweet the baby is. Hopefully she does well for you. Bitsy is a cute name. Have a good nite.

Dalyn said...

amazing! God is so good!! What a great pet that will be, raised by the family right from the start...thanks for the comment you left on my blog. YOu are sweet. I checked up on you and your soaps too, and I am so happy to see you doing so well! You are a fantastic farm girl! I closed down my Hick Chicks Soap Barn and am starting over, more simple after the New Year. In the Raw Soaps will be open in an Etsy shop soon! I am excited. I'm also doing classes so maybe you can give me some tips. I have meant to do them for years, and been asked several times but just get so busy- and insecure. bleh, I'm going for it in 2011~ Thanks for being an inspiration. Still wish we were neighbors!