An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sailor's Delight

The sunsets the past couple of weeks have been absolutely beautiful! I remember when I was a little girl my Dad used to say a rhyme about the red sunsets that predicted the nice weather to follow. I vaguely remember something along the lines of "Red sky at night means a sailor's delight." Anybody else know how that goes?

3 comments:

the canned quilter said...

“Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning”

Hugs from The Holler : )

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back! I have missed your awesome posts. My husband always says "Red skies at night sailor's delight, red skies in morning sailor's take warning." I am not sure if that's it but I think it came from his Grandma.

OurCrazyFarm said...

That's it! Thank you ladies! I've missed you all too:))