An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh Mercy!

 
We named the new Jersey heifer Mercy. No other name seemed to fit. It may have had something to do with the fact that I expect both of us will need quite a bit of extra mercy if the time ever does come to attempt to milk her on a daily basis. She has mostly just been enjoying her easy life of grazing on green pastures for the past couple of months since bringing her home, but the time came to gentle her if we were ever going to do it. Rather than me risking life and limb I called in the pros: two young nephews who have a reputation for being Cow Whisperers.


 Thankfully they were the first ones to rub her all over.


They even broke her to ride, in case, you know, I get the crazy idea to ride her after I'm done milking her.

She gave them a little run for their money, but all in all she proved to be just what we had hoped for with a Jersey: calm, sweet and docile.


Since Mercy proved to be so easy the boys decided to gentle Thomas the big steer. 

 
He now thinks he should get a hug from me every day, too. Every day until I eat you, Mr. Thomas.
 

6 comments:

J.L. Murphey said...

LOL! Love the "til I eat you."

Camille said...

Too funny! My friend took joy in eating an ornery cow they once had...it made me laugh. :)

Dicky Bird said...

Such good helpers! I like the "till I eat you" too...

Unknown said...

"OurCrazyFarm" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/08/sites-to-see_9.html

OurCrazyFarm said...

Humbly appreciative, Jerry. I believe it is both of our desires to see God glorified, even if it requires our personal brokenness.

OurCrazyFarm said...

It will be sooner rather than later, ladies, when we do get to eat those juicy T-bones if those big steers continue their antics of escaping everyday..... buggers:)