An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

God is Still Good



There is a frog lost somewhere in this old farmhouse. Presumably, it is under the kitchen cupboard that is awaiting its final piece of trim, but who knows. Grace informed me that the big leopard they caught (all for my benefit so I could take Fair pictures, hence the child-like logic that it's really my fault) escaped its vase and yarn cage which was placed on the countertop as of yesterday evening. This morning- no frog. I just smile. No sense of being rattled, it will emerge in due time.

Since I've last posted two toddlers in our surrounding little communities have left this world. I've found myself teetering between numbness and a deeper insanity than I already thought I had entered into. My own questioning of the sovereignty of God shocked me more when I heard the news of their deaths than when my own child died. I reason it that God gives grace and understanding when and to whom needs it. These are not my children to grieve. I can go to bed not remembering their smiling faces or hearing their sweet voices or picking up the toys and dirty laundry they left behind as physical reminders that they were really here amongst us.

God is still good, even in this. He is still sovereign. He still reigns from His throne, working out His perfect plan. I hold on to the truths of Scripture as I cry tears from a never ending well. Tears for the journey ahead of these mothers. Tears in longing for Jesus to return. Tears because even though they were not mine I still grieve their precious little lives. Tears so that I feel something.

Please pray with me today for the family of Isaiah Thies as this broken family attends a funeral for their son: pray that the gospel rings out loud and clear, pray for salvation, pray for peace, perseverance and great trust in a mighty God. Pray that Jesus comes soon.

7 comments:

J.L. Murphey said...

Your request has been sent to the Almighty for comfort for you and Isaiah's family. HE is always sovereign and in control. Stand fast on the Rock even if it is on quavering knees.

Brenda said...

Praying for you all and your community as well.

ForeverInMyHeart said...

"tears from a never ending well."
Let the tears flow because of what you remind me of so often "God bottles up every single tear we cry" <3 Thinking of you and praying for you!

Unknown said...

Thought of you when I saw where he was from. Wondered if he was close. So sad. Praying for you all today, and often.

Dicky Bird said...

I will.

Camille said...

Oh how heart-wrenching it all is! And, yes...God is Sovereign through it all!! How precious the thought! Step by step. Moment by moment. With HIM. I will pray for the two families your mention and for you...right now. Blessings, Camille

The Paisley Butterfly said...

God's Sovereignty is Absolute! There is much joy and peace to be found in this truth!

Praying for you and your family. May God carry you through this, mending your heart as His time permits.

I just found your blog...I appreciate your transparency. God bless!