An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Chicken Coop

The chickens have settled in nicely to their new home. It sure is nice to have them contained again inside of a fence rather than free ranging and perching in the barn every night. The irony of it all is that now that we have spent the last couple of months building a fancy-spancy chicken coop I am seriously thinking that I will just get rid of the whole kit-and-kaboodle of them (duck included). The 3 eggs they have layed this month makes me seriously question if I want to keep feeding them all winter or if I am just better off starting again with a new, younger flock in the spring. Cole acquired 10 silkie chicks for his birthday back in September (which are still in my basement) and putting them in the coop for the winter with a heat lamp would be a great solution for everybody involved. I did finally get the curtains hung up.
And the boys helped me build a door. Granted it still has a piece of twine string to tie it shut, but at least it's up.
Coop Sweet Coop.

2 comments:

TheLazyJ said...

Very cute! Job well done. Let me know if you want a home for the duck; we're missing ours since they left for warmer weather. :)

OurCrazyFarm said...

Yes! I want a new home for the duck! You can come and get him any time! Or maybe I'll wrap him up for a Christmas present for Uncle Jim:)) Do you want the rest of the batch????? You can have them all if you want, or else their going on Craigslist in the very near future. Terri