An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Winter That Never Was



I heard on the radio the other day that their calling our Wisconsin weather "The Winter that Never Was." Last week the kid's had a snowball fight and made snowmen and snowforts with the rare snow that we've had this year. This week, that snow all melted, and they set up a picnic on the back porch~ no coats needed!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

It's been crazy winter weather for sure. We're going to have temps around 6 and 7 for the next couple of nights. It's been so warm all winter that this is going to feel really cold! I sure hope I don't have any goats decide that now would be a good time to have babies! It's getting cold out there.

I love the photos of the kids!

TheLazyJ said...

If this is global warming, I'll take it. ;)

Sonja said...

I'm sad for so many of you who haven't had the winters you are accustomed to. But love picnic! :)

Cathy said...

YES! We keep waiting and waiting for the real winter to begin, but as the days go on it's looking more and more like it's going to pass us by this year. The cold I can do without, but we really need the moisture that the snow would bring. And by golly, I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to also skip tapping season....I've been out of syrup for months!!