An attempt to declare the Glory of God for what He has chosen to do with our lives. A legacy to leave to my children in the telling of it.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen

In a family of 7 there is lots to do in the kitchen. Our kids have always helped with the work, and some days even enjoy it! My main job is cooking, and their main job is washing dishes; without a dishwasher. After the old one blew up this summer I told them we could pool our fair checks and buy a new one, but nobody was too excited about it. Maybe that would make a good Christmas present??!
Cooking.
Taste-testing.
Listening to Micah playing in the bathroom sink.
And one day there will even be kitchen counter tops on all of our cupboards, the island will get painted, the trim work done, there will be a front entry way in the front of the house, and that beautiful fluted apron sink will find it's way in from the garage and get itself installed. Shucks! I should have just got that flu shot so I could have worked all winter for it:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't fret over these things cause they are material things honey and they will come soon enough. I know because we have been working on a remodel for 8 1/2 years now!!!! I am really tired of spending so much time and money at Lowes too!!!

I wouldn't go that route again in a million years...unless the property was just right and the house had character and potential and and and......... hehehe

I would love to have me some little dishwashers in my kitchen again!!!!! Enjoy them cause they will be out of the house before you can blink and eye!!!!!